Thank you to everyone who joined us at the 5k!
Photos from our 5k will be coming soon.
Sunday, June 3, 2018
Firefighters Field on Roosevelt Island
Pre-5k Activities open at 8 AM • 5k Run/Walk begins at 9 AM
The Girls on the Run 5k celebrates our girls and their 10-week season of learning about the importance of taking care of our emotional and physical health. The course starts and finishes adjacent to Firefighters Field, and takes you on a loop of the island.
Advance 5k Bib & Shirt Pick-up for Pre-Registered Runners:
Runners in all categories who have registered online can pick up their shirt & bib early:
- Friday, 3 pm - 6:30 pm, Athleta Flatiron at 126 5th Ave at 18th Street, Manhattan
- Saturday, 1 pm - 5 pm, JackRabbit UWS at 140 W 72nd St, Manhattan
Girls in the program & Coaches do not need to register or pick up any materials in advance.
Online registration for runners and volunteers is now closed. In-person 5k Runner registration will be available on June 3 at the 5k at our "Day Of Registration" area from 8 am to 8:30 am only, for $45. Shirts are not guaranteed for day-of registrants.
Registration fees are non-refundable.
How to get to Firefighters Field on Roosevelt Island:
- SUBWAY: You can take the F Train from Manhattan or Queens! Note that the F Train is currently listed as having changes in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens on June 3, but will be running from the Lexington Ave 63rd Street Station. Visit mta.info for up to date public transit information.
- FERRY: You can also take the Astoria line ferry from Queens or Manhattan, which drops you just feet from our Start/Finish! Visit ferry.nyc/routes-and-schedules/route/astoria/ for more information about taking the Ferry.
BUS (from Queens): Take the Q102 Queens Surface bus to Roosevelt Island and get off at the Roosevelt Island Tramway stop.
The Tram from Manhattan will have limited service during this time, and you cannot purchase a Metrocard or add fare at the Roosevelt Island Tram Stop.
- Parking is not available on Roosevelt Island. If you drive, you will need to park in Queens and walk to Firefighters Field (1.5 miles or longer), or park in Manhattan and take the tram or F Train to Roosevelt Island.
Pre-5k Fun - Check out our Activity Stations!
Our activity stations are open on Firefighters Field from 8 am to 9 am! Some activity stations will re-open after the start of the 5k.
- Cheer Sign Station: Join us here to create a personalized sign for your girl!
Photo Booth: Take a photo with your friends with our great GOTR backdrop!
- Happy Hair Station: Colored hairspray is available for all to GOTRize yourself!
- Bling Your Bib Frame: Girls can decorate a frame to save their #1 GOTR Bib after the 5k.
- STAR Power Stories: Girls share their own story, using the STAR Power concept from our lessons!
- GOTR SHOP: Great Girls on the Run gear will be available for purchase! Cash and cards accepted.
Girls on the Run NYC 5k SoleMates Fundraising:
Girls on the Run NYC has made a commitment to serve ALL girls, regardless of financial need. You can support this commitment by joining us as a 5k SoleMate and raising funds that help to ensure we can provide our life-changing program to more girls in New York City. As we continue to experience growth, we need your help. Learn how you can fundraise here!
More 5k Event Details:
The registration fee of $35 per registration for our Running Buddies, Sparkle Runners, 5k Runners, and $10 per registration for our Volunteers, supports our overall program and our 5k costs, including a background check on each non-Parent/Guardian Running Buddy, Sparkle Runner and General Volunteer. All participants and volunteers will also receive a shirt.
Girls on the Run NYC is not able to give refunds for 5k registrations. If you can no longer participate in the event, your registration will be considered a donation to the Girls on the Run NYC program.
Inclement Weather Policy:
5k participants should be prepared to run in any weather. The 5k event will take place rain or shine unless there are conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. If dangerous weather conditions occur, race officials may cancel, delay or change the event. In the event of cancellation, refunds will not be issued.
Pets are not allowed on Firefighters Field per Roosevelt Island rules.