Learn more about being a part of this incredible race with Girls on the Run NYC:
What does Girls on the Run offer for the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon SoleMates?
- Marathon training plans that are adjustable to your ability and interest level.
- GOTR Group runs, yoga classes, and nutrition/fitness info sessions, including: Yoga (June 30); Functional Strength Training (August 16); Long Run (September 10); Last 10 Miles Run (October 29); Marathon Weekend Breakfast (November 5)
- Girls on the Run gear! All SoleMates receive a Tech-T and other fun GOTR goodies in a SoleMates Welcome Packet.
- Race Singlet! Rock a pink & green Sugoi singlet on race day.
- Private Facebook group to get to know fellow SoleMates, find fundraising support, and stay in touch on events.
- Day of Cheer Station - your friends, family, and cheerleaders can meet up to cheer you on during the Marathon at our SoleMates Cheer Station!
How do I register as a SoleMate for the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon?
- GOTR*NYC Guaranteed Entry spots to run this race have been filled! Guaranteed Entry runners making a fundraising commitment of $3,000 (representing one team).
- If you already have entry (from the lottery, by completing 9+1, time qualifying, other), register online here and select the ‘I already have entry into the NYC Marathon! - $300 Fundraising Goal’ option!
When you register, you must make an initial $35 fundraising gift with your credit card during this online SoleMates Registration. This $35 gift will count toward your fundraising.
When will we meet our fellow teammates?
We will host SoleMates events throughout 2016, and we hope you can join us! Join our private Facebook Group to virtually connect with our SoleMates & our SoleMates Committee & Staff!
If I want to plan an event as a fundraiser for Girls on the Run NYC, is there guidance to help support me?
Yes, see the Girls on the Run SoleMates NYC Participant Guide available online here!
Once I am a SoleMate, how do I officially register for the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon with NYRR?
Once you are confirmed as a 2016 TCS New York City Marathon – Guaranteed Entry SoleMate, Girls on the Run NYC will invite you to register for the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon with a special code.
What is the final registration date for the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon?
September 15, 2016, is the registration deadline for all charity runners.
How do I find out about Baggage & Transportation information?
New York Road Runners will provide Charity Partners with more information on transportation and baggage in Spring 2016. Runners will be given the option to select baggage and transportation preferences during the TCS New York City Marathon season. It is the runner’s responsibility to look out for announcements from NYRR about deadlines and procedures for making these selections.
I live out of town! Can you help me plan for the weekend of the race?
Yes! We are happy to provide hotel recommendations and travel advice. Please reach out to email@example.com.
If I have any other questions, who can I reach out to?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions!
You can train with us through monthly groups runs & cross training events. Learn more and register to be a SoleMate at gotrnyc.org/solemates!