Run with us as a SoleMate!
Raise funds to impact girls while training for a race! Our SoleMates are a team of athletes who pursue individual goals, such as completing a half marathon or 10k, to raise critically needed funds for the important character development programs we deliver to girls across the city.
Join the Girls on the Run 2018 TCS NYC Marathon SoleMates Team!
- If you have entry into the 2018 NYC Marathon, you can register now to join our SoleMates Team!
- Join our waiting list for guaranteed entry spots!
- Find our 2018 NYC Marathon - Team SoleMates FAQs here.
- Click here to register for our 2018 NYC Marathon SoleMates Team!
Join the Girls on the Run SoleMates Team if you already have entry into a race, such as the Bronx 10 Miler on September 30!
The funds you raise as a Girls on the Run NYC SoleMate allow Girls to experience the empowering program that is Girls on the Run through scholarships. We will provide you with training & fundraising support, the cause & the team! Please note that this registration does not include an entry into a race.
Why become a SoleMate?
- You'll make a positive difference in the lives of local girls
- You'll receive a personal fundraising page and support throughout your training
- You'll receive an exclusive SoleMate welcome packet upon registering, including a GOTR Training Tech Shirt & other GOTR Goodies
- You'll receive fun, weekly emails including fundraising suggestions and training tips
- You'll be invited to group runs and cross training classes just for SoleMates
- You’ll receive a stellar pink & green singlet for race day!
You can join us in an Officially Partnered Event:
2018 TCS New York City Marathon (November 4, 2018)
- Guaranteed Entry fundraising commitment: $3,000 or $3,600
- Join our waiting list!
- Fundraising goal suggestions if you have entry: $500
Register with Girls on the Run NYC to get guaranteed entry into an event (such as the 2018 TCS New York Marathon or 2019 NYC Half Marathon) as a SoleMate. You agree to fundraise a race-specific minimum, and we provide race entry, support & the team! You can also run in an officially partnered event as a SoleMate if you have your own entry.
You can join Team SoleMates in Any Event:
Running another amazing race, such as the Bronx 10 Miler in September? The funds you raise as a Girls on the Run NYC SoleMate allow Girls to experience the empowering program that is Girls on the Run through scholarships. We will provide you with training & fundraising support, the cause & the team! Please note that this registration does not include an entry into a race.
Read our Girls on the Run NYC SoleMates Participant Guide for more information!
Your dollars make a difference for girls in NYC!
Your fundraising commitment with guaranteed entry into a race:
- 2018 NYC Marathon Guaranteed Entry: $3,000 or $3,600 (includes event registration)
Your suggested fundraising goal for a race of your choice: $500
Your support as a SoleMate by fundraising is a tremendous gift to our organization and girls in New York City, allowing us to expand our scholarship sites and reach more girls.
Currently, more than 60% of the girls in our program come from low-income communities. Funds raised by SoleMates allows these girls scholarship and subsidy support to participate in our life-changing program, empowering them to be confident, healthy and joyful. Your support will help Girls on the Run NYC maintain our commitment to serve all girls, regardless of financial need.
Need help getting started?
Do you have questions about fundraising?
We have the answers!
Follow these simple tips to accomplish your fundraising goal.
Interested in being a SoleMate without running to fundraise for Girls on the Run NYC?
Find out more about creating a Giving to Girls on the Run campaign here!
Celebrate your birthday or other special milestone while supporting Girls on the Run NYC.
Questions about SoleMates?
E-mail our Volunteer Co-Directors of SoleMates, Lauren McKay & Annie Quinn, at email@example.com!
Introducing our 2018 Girls on the Run NYC SoleMates Team!
Click on a SoleMate's photo to learn why they run for Girls on the Run NYC!