Run with us as a SoleMate!
Raise funds to impact girls while training for a race! Our SoleMates are a team of athletes who pursue individual goals, such as completing a half marathon or 10k, to raise critically needed funds for the important character development programs we deliver to girls across the city.
Sign up here to run the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon with Girls on the Run NYC this November!
You will receive the support of our Professional Running Coach, Jess of Race Pace Wellness!
*Join our waitlist for a guaranteed entry! Currently all guaranteed entry spots are filled.
*We have unlimited spots for people who already have entry into this event.
Why become a SoleMate?
- You'll make a positive difference in the lives of local girls
- You'll receive a personal fundraising page and support throughout your training
- You'll receive an exclusive SoleMate welcome packet upon registering, including a GOTR Training Tech Shirt & other GOTR Goodies
- You'll receive fun, weekly emails including fundraising suggestions and training tips
- You'll be invited to group runs and cross training classes just for SoleMates
- You’ll receive a stellar pink & green singlet for race day!
You can join us in Officially Partnered Events:
Hamptons Marathon & Half (September 23)
- Fundraising commitment for Marathon guaranteed entry: $1,200
- Fundraising commitment for Half Marathon guaranteed entry: $900
2017 TCS New York City Marathon (November 5)
- Fundraising commitment for guaranteed entry: $3,000
- Fundraising commitment for guaranteed entry with registration fee included: $3,600
- Fundraising goal suggestion if you have entry: $500
- Join our waitlist for a guaranteed entry! Currently all guaranteed entry spots are filled.
- We have unlimited spots for people who already have entry into this event.
Register with Girls on the Run NYC to get guaranteed entry into an event (such as the Hamptons Marathon or the TCS New York Marathon) and to be a SoleMate. You agree to fundraise a race-specific minimum, and we provide race entry, support & the team! You can also run in an officially partnered event as a SoleMate if you have your own entry.
You can join Team SoleMates in Any Event:
Running another amazing race, such as the Bronx 10 Miler in September or Rock'n'Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon in October? You can support Girls on the Run NYC as a SoleMate and set a goal of fundraising $300, representing one girls' participation in the program for a full season. We provide you with training & fundraising support, the cause & the team!
Read our Girls on the Run NYC SoleMates Participant Guide for more information!
Your dollars make a difference for girls in NYC!
Your fundraising commitment with guaranteed entry into a race:
Your suggested fundraising goal for a race of your choice: $500
Your support as a SoleMate by fundraising is a tremendous gift to our organization and girls in New York City, allowing us to expand our scholarship sites and reach more girls.
Currently, more than 60% of the girls in our program come from low-income communities. Funds raised by SoleMates allows these girls scholarship and subsidy support to participate in our life-changing program, empowering them to be confident, healthy and joyful. Your support will help Girls on the Run NYC maintain our commitment to serve all girls, regardless of financial need.
Need help getting started?
Do you have questions about fundraising?
We have the answers!
Follow these simple tips to accomplish your fundraising goal.
Interested in being a SoleMate without running to fundraise for Girls on the Run NYC?
Find out more about creating a Giving to Girls on the Run campaign here!
Celebrate your birthday or other special milestone while supporting Girls on the Run NYC.
Questions about SoleMates?
E-mail our Volunteer Co-Directors of SoleMates, Lauren McKay & Annie Quinn, at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are excited for our growing
2017 Girls on the Run NYC SoleMates Team!
Click on a SoleMate's photo to learn why they run for Girls on the Run NYC!